Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Blessed Relief from Summer


As some of my good friends know, I'm a strange puppy. I basically prefer winter to summer time, even though I enjoy summer activities like bicycles, motorcycles, cars, etc. But somehow, winter has a strong appeal for me and, when it gets hot and humid, I look forward to winter's coming. This is a picture of the beautiful Lake Michigan, just west of the bridge on a sunny January day.


I also enjoy the odd combinations of the seasons. These bicycles are in Houghton, Michigan in the middle of February. They are probably parked outside of student apartments, but it leaves me to wonder if they have been left there since fall or if someone comes out, brushes off the seat, and rides one to class.

I've threatened to retire to someplace in the north. Perhaps Houghton or, my other current favorite, Corner Brook, Newfoundland.


Lake Superior at its best.


And finally, a little ice to cool down your summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment