Friday, September 12, 2008

VW Faces from the Past


Doug Klassen has been entertaining us all with his blog, http://www.40on2.blogspot.com, about motorcycles, life, and, marriage. Now he is planning on taking a break from the blog and I can respect that, but it always bothered me that in his blog photo, he looks like such a biker guy. Now admittedly, I haven't seen him for 20 years and I certainly don't look the same, but I happened to run across these pictures from the mid 80's and that's how I remember all my friends from that time. So for those of you who haven't read Doug's blog, give a look. Even if he hasn't posted something new, the archives are funny and well written. As for you Doug, keep up the good work, you are an entertaining writer.


OK, this isn't fair. But closed eyes is the only shot I have of Tom Dubecky. One of my favorite guys and somebody you can count on. He is also the only guy I know that could sit in the passenger seat next to Bill Pate on Portland Raceway, in the wet, looking down at an instrument to see what was going on with the engine, and not throw up.


This final shot is of Marv Younger with the old PIR proving grounds in the background. Another great guy to work with.

1 comment:

  1. Jac,

    I can forgive you the old photo of me. There are certainly worse ones of me out there. Tom Dubecky, on the other hand, may be putting a contract out on you. Watch your six!

    Doug

    ReplyDelete