Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Projects Keep me Sane

Its been a while since I last posted. There have been a lot of negative things going on and I just didn't feel like it. A lot of negative energy at work which culminated in layoffs for two guys in my group. Guys that I have worked closely with for years and that is more painful than I expected. Of course, not as painful as for them. That combined with my motorcycle falling off the hoist and sustaining some significant damage as part of a week or two when nothing went right.

After a rough stretch, I usually find that working on a project, that is, making something with my own hands, is what starts me feeling better. So while this is nothing exciting on its own, my little machine shop project is part of repairing the bike. And myself.


The part that broke was a molded plastic latch that held my trunk on the back of the motorcycle. It had this slightly complicated shape, with angles on the front and back, and a place for the male part of the latch to grab onto. The whole thing is about 1 1/2" tall and wide and will mount on a modification of the aluminum luggage rack. Overall, it was fun figuring out how to make it on the mill.

Here is wishing you projects that keep you centered.

No comments:

Post a Comment