Sunday, April 8, 2012

Here is to the winter that never was

I miss winter.

I kept hoping we would get some good winter weather. Something beautiful and white, even if it was just a late season storm that lasted but a few days.

Well, Easter has come and gone, the plants and the weather are bound and determined to bring spring. Even I have to admit that the chance for a last blast of winter are gone.

So I dug up a few pics from previous winters, just to say goodbye and see you later.


Don't get me wrong, I like spring, summer, and fall just fine. In fact, I'm looking forward to more riding weather and have enjoyed outside activities without all the clothing. That said, wouldn't you enjoy watching a sunset like that through a window with the fireplace making snap, crackle, and pop sounds behind you?


Calumet, Michigan, early in winter, before the snow banks build up to a proper height.

1 comment:

  1. While we had snow it wasn't nearly as much as a normal (whatever that is these days) winter. My view is if we're going to have to put up with the cold and freezing rain the least mother nature can do to balance it out is give us something to play on (in?).
    But I expect you're right and we're done for this year, which would be fine if t warmed up a bit and stopped raining. (I know, never happy.)

    ReplyDelete