Friday, February 23, 2018

At Last. A Winter Like My Childhood

I know most of you hate winter and can't wait for it to be over.  But for me, it is part of my favorite memories and something I enjoy very much today.

Alas, my work kept me going off to warmer climates in the winter, sometime being gone more than 2  months each winter.  I counted it up.  It has been 38 years since I got to enjoy a whole winter.

One of the things that I looked forward to in retirement was being able to enjoy a whole winter without interruption.  Alas, the first two years of my retirement were a big disappointment, almost no winter at all.  But this year, we are finally getting a winter I can be proud of.

A few weeks back, in the January thaw, my sister and I went north because she had never seen Michigan's Upper Peninsula in winter.  So I thought I would share a few photos from that trip that I had already been sharing by email.  These are a mix of mine and my sister's photos.



A Copper Harbor Invitation


Pine Grove Cemetery



  Ice on Eagle Harbor



 The Eagle Harbor Light

 
The north coast of the Keweenaw




Sunset from the Mackinaw Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment