Thursday, March 4, 2021

Look Alike?


 In truth, I'm impressed with the Harley PanAmerica.  It seems competitive with the BMW GS and the Ducati Multistrada, at least the L-2 version.  It's not great for serious off road, but then most customers won't use it that way anyhow.

I feel like the engineers at Harley have been constrained by the 1930's era Harley design and that has really held them back.  With the PanAmerica, those constraints are off and I think that they have done some good and original thinking.  The engine is quite good and so is the chassis and electronics.

But I have to admit, the styling of the front will take some getting used to.  I thought about it and decided that it reminds me of a 50's sci-fi robot.  One gent quipped, "Does the Pan Am shout, 'Danger, Will Robinson, Danger?"

No comments:

Post a Comment